Website PlumSlice Labs
Job Title: Technical Consultant
Division/Department: Professional Services
Employment Type: Full Time
Reports to: VP, Professional Services
To compete in today’s digital commerce world, retailers need to move at the pace of today’s connected consumer and deliver information in the right place and the right time. PlumSlice’s mission is to help retailers and brands buy better, go to market faster, and maximize sales and margin in today’s omnichannel global market. The PlumSlice Product Platform is anchored in real-time insights and workflow collaboration so brands and retailers can be more agile. Our cloud-native solutions focus on Product Experience Management (PIM/DAM/MDM), Merchandising, and Supplier Collaboration.
PlumSlice has an exciting opportunity for a results-oriented Technical Consultant to join our dynamic, growing company. This full-time position will have the opportunity to influence and meaningfully contribute to a rapidly growing organization committed to delivering quality and impactful business solutions. If you have a passion to deliver quality software and top-notch consulting services and thrive in a true team environment, we want to meet you!
PlumSlice is headquartered in Miami with a satellite office in Ahmedabad, India.
The Technical Consultant is primarily responsible for supporting customer implementations with a focus on integrations, data migration, and on-going technical jobs set-up and management. The Technical Consultant has a critical role in leading technical sessions with PlumSlice customers and consulting with our customers and the PlumSlice business consulting teams to ensure customer requirements are mapped and implemented for success. In addition, the Technical Consultant will collaborate with the PlumSlice Development team to ensure new application functionality is supported from the data integration perspective.
- Provide strong technical expertise and serve as an interface between PlumSlice development team, PlumSlice business consulting team and Customers.
- Educate and consult with customers regarding PlumSlice integration processes.
- Identify and document integration design requirements to ensure ideal delivery to meet customer needs.
- Take ownership for technical aspects of multiple, concurrent implementation projects, managing to the project plans and ensuring tasks are thoroughly completed.
- Utilize skills in project management, resource allocation, requirement gathering, functional analysis, risk management and quality management for the full life cycle of projects.
- Develop estimates for effort, time and cost for development initiatives and participate in project planning activities.
- Collaborate with PlumSlice web UI developers to deliver application functionality.
- Support existing customers by trouble-shooting and correcting any job failures.
- Participate in cross-group collaboration across multiple time zones.
- Provide insight for building a robust technology landscape to address the company’s fast growth business model.
- Suggest and develop customizations, extensions, modifications, or integrations to the existing product.
- Collaborate with development team in managing complex processes of technology development, deployment, integration and operations management.
- This role will be Remote based with estimated travel requirements at twenty five percent.
Required Technical Competencies
- Extremely strong development skills (Java/Ruby/SQL), including multiple frameworks such as Spring, ROR.
- Extremely strong understanding of object-oriented software design, including MVC frameworks, and an ability to learn and apply new technologies rapidly.
- Strong XHTML, JSON/XML, data structure and a working knowledge of UI Frameworks.
- Understanding of configuration management using version control systems such as Subversion, Perforce, CVS, or git, including branching and merging.
- Web services (SOAP or REST) experience
- Enterprise integration experience, including EDI and other flat file processing
- Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) experience (optional but bonus points for this)
- A knowledge of enterprise design patterns
- Deep understanding of Database structure: MySQL, Postgres, NO SQL/Document databases
- Excellent knowledge of Cloud Computing Platforms (like AWS, Azure, and GCP) and Cloud native applications.
- Sound understanding of technologies across the spectrum for mobile, Responsive UI, API Management, Cloud, Big Data, Analytics, Configuration Management.
- Agile software engineering practices and experience.
Required Professional Skills and Experience
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree
- 6 – 8+ years of overall IT experience which includes 2-3 years holding similar consulting responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills to interact with stakeholders and clients.
- Must be customer oriented and driven to exceed expectations.
- Must be able to self-manage, work independently and prioritize daily
schedules, work effectively in a collaborative style with remote client
stakeholders and internal teams.
- High attention to detail and must be able to react quickly to changing
- Prior experience in E-Commerce / Retail domain strongly preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com