Website PlumSlice Labs Pvt Ltd
- Databases: MySQL, DB2, Postgres, Data Warehouse ( good to know oracle, Redshift)
- Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, Windows
- Languages: SQL/PSQL/ETL/ELT/Shell Scripts
Roles and Responsibilities of a Senior Database Developer
- Database design, and performance optimization
- Identify opportunities for improved performance in SQL operations and implementations
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases
- Prepare documentations and specifications
- Handle common database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
- Profile server resource usage, optimize and tweak as necessary
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- To support and make database availability. Involve in Disaster management.
- Data transfer using export/import.
- Daily Monitor the performance of the databases, viewing the alert logs and trace files.
- Perform Backups (Physical- Cold backups, Logical – hot backups, Export/Import, data pump).
- Moving objects between two different databases. Like schema, Table, etc.
- Monitoring the databases.
- Implementing Partitioning on huge tables to improve the performance and reduce the maintenance to finite window operations.
- Arranging data files and log files in different paths for to improve the performance.
- Installation of My SQL Database and created databases for Server and Test Servers.
- Strictly follow database coding standard define by DBA management
- Avoid Cursors and duplication of code from same SP or Function.
- Attached role back script or backup object script with all release.
- Should have experience to write Complex & Optimize My SQL query.
- Expertise in DDL, DML, DCL and in Design and Normalization of the
- Implementing business logic using Functions, Triggers, Indexes, Views and Stored procedures.
- ETL/ELT scripts development/maintenance
- Data Warehouse management and development
Qualification: B.E. / B.Tech / MCA in computer science or IT. MySQL DBA Certifications would be a plus!
Experience: 4 yrs. to 8 yrs.
Industry: Software or IT product development organizations
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org